Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A day without Illegals II

So I was reading the news today, and I came across an interesting story about how all the Illegals or whoever, were planning on more protests across the country.

I remember when this happened last year. I am still trying to figure out who exactly this hurt, except for the Police that had to corral them . You would think that the protestors paychecks would be hurt the most. Y'know what else I remember? I remember that a drive home from LAX that normally takes about two hours only took me 45 minutes. Yipee!! I was wishing everyday could be a day without Illegals.

I am trying to figure out what is being protested. The fact that Illegals have completly drained the California Education system, the California Health Care System, the California Welfare System, and have completly overrun the California Prison System. Last time I checked all of these services are being provided for free, paid for by California Taxpayers. I wonder who it is that really should be protesting. 12 million people taking advantage of the system, and apparently no one seems to care. Or they do care, but people are so afraid of offending that they say or do nothing.

You know what else I remember from last year? I remember a High School in LA where all of the students decided to get together and take down the American flag, turn it upside down, and fly it below the Mexican Flag. Who was protesting that? A hundred years ago we would have gone to war over that.

When are the people of California going to wake up? They wonder why the state is broke, why hospitals are closing, why schools can't afford pencils, and people that actually deserve welfare can't get it.

Everybody just ignores the problem because after all, if we send them all back, who's going to cut the grass?

2 comments:

ltlmom said...

U bet! If they are so unhappy here, you'd think they'd just go back home - wish they would! I have nothing against immigrants - my grandparents were immigrants. But they did it the right way - waited their turn, filled out paperwork, learned English, got jobs, paid taxes, paid their own medical bills, were law abiding citizens who were grateful for everyting - not demanding and unappreciative.
I have a HUGE problem with "undocumented" immigrants - let's call a spade a spade here - criminals! They broke the law to get into our country - they sure shouldn't be allowed to stay, nor should they be getting all the perks that come with citizenship!

Unknown said...

This subject actually hits home for me, having a father who came into this country illegally. Although he crossed over without papers, my father did end up getting his citizenship. Unlike many of his esteemed countrymen my father is now a productive member of these great United States.

I see nothing wrong with coming into this country as long as your intentions are good. If your intentions are to clog up our hospitals, flood our educational systems with no intent to better yourself...then I suggest you try to cross the border at point where there are armed guards...and be sure to do it in broad daylight carrying an air-soft gun and shouting obscenities such as "death to America". Thats what I think of you!!