Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tragic Irony

I got some terrible news yesterday. A friend of a friend knows this guy that joined the USMC at the same time he joined the Army when they were seniors in High School. Both of these guys joined their respective branches so they could go fight and serve their nation and do great things for the whole world. After accomplishing both of these things one went on to be a recruiter, and the other went back to doing whatever Marines do an a daily basis. The Marine guy served a 15 month tour in Iraq and came home about two months ago. He was killed in a car crash Monday morning.

I often think of horrible stories such as these and wonder just what is God is thinking. I mean I hear all day long how people don't want to join the military because they are terrified of dying in Iraq. As if that is the most horrible thing that could ever happen to someone, and this brave young hero is killed in car wreck.

I just want everyone who actually reads this to stop and say a prayer for his family. These must be really trying times for them.

Rest in Peace
Lance Corporal Oliver Estrada
You will always be my hero

1 comment:

Unknown said...

R.I.P. hermano. I'll always remember the good times. Semper Fi amigo...