Saturday, May 12, 2007

Boxed Yesterday

Hey I forgot to tell ya that we boxed yesterday. Well volume boxed, just as good in my eyes. I don't really see the point in categories anyway.

I wanted to say that I am getting a huge response from my Death of the Ed System post.

I also wanted to say that if I offended anyone GOOD!!!! That was my intention. Sometimes I think the only time people hear what's being said is if some big dumb bastard like me is screaming and cussing at them. I think we have a lot of problems in this country, and that's one of the biggest ones.

It's easy to forget that our kids are our greatest commodity, and we owe them the best we have to offer. They are definately not getting that at school, but we like to pretend they are.

I want you opinions good or bad. If you're offended, do something about it.

If only the Libs would protest something wothwhile sometimes, we might actually get something done.

Do I know how to fix the problem? Nope. I know that throwing money at the problem won't fix it. We have been trying that for years, look what it's gotten us. California already spends 40% of it's budget on eduction. I'd like to know where that money is going. Oh yeah it's going to make sure all the little illegal alien kids get free lunches. Oh I meant to say undocumented workers, nah, no I didn't.

I have decided to use my blog as a way to piss people off. I am still going to talk about the joys and heartaches of recruiting. When I think about all the things that piss me off about recruiting though, it's usually issues like these. I can deal with angry 1SG's and angry CSM's, after all they are just trying to do their jobs too. Most of my recruiting problems come from stupid people. I didn't say uneducated poeple, I said stupid people. So they are the ones I am goin to blog about.

Have a great weekend all. I am going outside now to polish Victoria. She's dusty and hasn't been washed in a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to check out the book, "A Fighter's Heart: One Man's Journey Throught the World of Fighting" by Sam Sheridan (2007) if you enjoy reading. One of the better books about fighting that I have read.

Anonymous said...

"California already spends 40% of it's budget on eduction. I'd like to know where that money is going. Oh yeah it's going to make sure all the little illegal alien kids get free lunches. Oh I meant to say undocumented workers, nah, no I didn't."

About 50 billion dollars of the 60 or so allocated to the California Dept of Ed goes to a category called "instruction". Free lunch, and other such nutritional programs, are funded out of "special programs," which takes up 5 billion. All of the nutritional programs are subsidized by the United States Department of Agriculture. So free lunches and other such programs don't actually cost that much relative to the total size of expenditures. A significant portion of that 5 billion, furthermore, does not come out of the 38 billion in state funds for K-12 education because of USDA subsidies.

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/StateAgencyBudgets/6010/6110/program_description.html

Anonymous said...

anonymous

So, what you're saying is that Cali is spending 60 billion dollars a year on schools and THAT DOESN'T EVEN COVER LUNCH!?!

SSG K