Thursday, May 3, 2007

My Guy Re enlisted on Monday

With everything that has gone on this week, I completely forgot to mention that one of my NCO's re enlisted on Monday. I don't really think he knows how proud of him I am. Not that I think that there is anything wrong with not re enlisting. I just kind of knew he was going to . He waited until the last possible minute. He even started doing his ACAP stuff. ACAP is the Army Career Alumni Program. It is a pretty neat tool we use to transition form the Army life to a civilian one. It involves three days of classes covering resume building, job interviews, and what not.

This "kid" is a combat veteran who served in Iraq for 18 months. Shows you just how "bad" the Army life really is huh? It's so bad he volunteered to do it again. 22 year old kid from one of the poorest parts of Texas. He just bought a brand new GTO. How many 22 year old's out there are driving a GTO that wasn't bought by their Daddy? This fine young man literally started with nothing, in fact flying to basic training was the first time he ever flew in an airplane. Now he is a strong independent, educated young man who the Army is privileged to have among it's ranks.

It makes me laugh when I compare him with the guy from Taco Bell I was talking about a few days ago.

Congrats BAGADOOSH

2 comments:

ltlmom said...

hey there mr s c,
I've been busy, so i haven't gotten here in a few days. I'm so glad to see you're still writing, and hard at work supporting the youth of today in getting a LIFE! Lots of parents might think of you as the big bad wolf, but not me. Anyone who enlists wants to enlist - you just help them figure out what to do and how to do it - and how to succeed at it! So I thank you for all you do to support young soldiers, brave young men and women who choose to serve our country. Thank God for people like them, and like you! Congrats on your 2 new enlistees.
so - no more DEPS, they are "Future Soldiers." I think I liked DEPS better... oh well. tIn any case, they are army strong (I liked Be All that You Can Be, and Army of One, not sure how I feel about this new catch phrase...i'll let you know).

Keep up the good work, and your posting.
Love Ya,
ltlmom

Politics of a Patriot said...

Congratulations to him. I love stories like this.