Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Great Day

Today was a great day. I enlisted a young man today. This was a very hard person to enlist, which makes me feel even better that finally enlisted. He needed a Moral Waiver. Which means I needed about two weeks more extra work to get him in. Then we found out he had some counseling when he was a teenager so we had to round up all of those records too.

He enlisted as a 52D which is a generator repairer. Kid picked up a bunch of money to go with it too. He is leaving sometime in the summer. I am very excited to have had the opportunity to get this young fella going with his life.

My bosses also drove all the way up here to rummage through my paperwork today. I think that went pretty well. I thought they were going to tear my stuff to pieces, but apparently I take better care of my stuff than I give myself credit for.

It never ceases to amaze me how much paperwork is involved in this job. Mountains of it. Literally! And I only run an itty bitty station. I can't imagine what it's like for some of you SC's running giant stations. I think I will just hide out here forever.

Oh yeah and apparently nobody was interested in the protesting yesterday. Everybody must have remembered what "a day without pay" was like last year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...and yes, he said MOUNTAINS!!!