Monday, July 9, 2007

Mission Box and thought of the day.





So today we Boxed. For those of you who don't know what that means. We hit our "sales" goal. The month is not yet over and we have two more seniors enlisting on Friday. I can't think of a better way to welcome a new CSM than by going 150%. We are the shit.

My thought of the day is this. How come everytime Recruiting struggles a bit, it's got to get posted all over the news. Does anyone think that this helps our cause? Really. I think that everytime some young person who is considering serving his or her country sees this sort of stuff they think "well gee if no one else is doing it why should I."

Another thought. I was talking with someone a few days ago who is really into all of this Anti-Recruiting nonsense, and I had a good laugh about it as always. These are the people who stand out in front of high schools and what not, protesting recruiters looking for VOLUNTEERS to serve the country. I told this young fella who believes that we can love our enemies into submission "y'know I hope your cause wins I really do. Because when you do win, and I am not allowed to find people who are willing to volunteer to fight and provide to you the right to be retarded, the country has to start a draft, and I get you all. There will be no more volunteer only Army. I get every single one of ya. Do you realize how easy that would make my job? All I would have to do is show up at your house and tell you what time you gotta be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.