Friday, April 27, 2007

My First Blog

Hello,

This is my first attempt at a blog, so excuse me if I get some of the etiquette wrong. I wanted to start a blog because I think I have a lot to share about my experiences in recruiting. I am going to try to NOT use this blog as place to get into huge political debates and what not. However if someone comes in here and says something retarded, I will probably say something retarded back.

I am a promotable Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army. I have served this great country for thirteen years, and have loved every minute of my service. There are things about the Army that drive me nuts, but those things do not weaken my love of this Army.


I did not join the Army as a recruiter, I joined as an 11 bravo, Infantry guy. Most awesome job in the Army. Even though I sold my soul to the gods of recruiting I still believe that the Army is made up of the infantry, and everyone else.

I do however believe that Recruiting is the most important job in the military. Without us there is no military.

I am going to try to use this blog as a way to vent some of my frustrations about this job. I am also going to use this as a way to express the joys of this job.

Contrary to what many believe, we are not here to steal yous sons and daughters, and make them "cannon fodder". That's my favorite thing to hear by the way. We are here to first provide the strength for the Army, and secondly to help young men and women achieve their goals. That is the reason I do this. That is the reason I chose to stay in recruiting. The joy of watching a young person grow into something great chokes me up every time. I have always felt I do the greatest good out here in "recruiter land".

I am located somewhere in the middle of the great hot nowhere. I live in a great little town. I have a great family, and I work for the greatest Army in the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let the ranting begin...